Any time of change creates opportunities for new businesses. With the world moving the way it interacts, how it shops and desperate for safe entertainment there will undoubtedly be opportunities for the entrepreneur.
Additionally there are more people who may be in a position to start their own business, having been furloughed or having been made redundant from their employment. Now they may have the time at last to explore these new opportunities. (See Finding Opportunities from Market Changes)
Recent research by Virgin found that:
- 69% of lockdown entrepreneurs agreed that lockdown gave them the push they needed to start a business
- 73% of lockdown entrepreneurs said that lockdown has provided them with the perfect opportunity to focus on what they really want from their career
- 51% of lockdown entrepreneurs agreed that they’d never thought about becoming an entrepreneur before lockdown
- Flexibility is key for lockdown entrepreneurs. 95% of them said that being able to choose the hours they work is important and 92% said they wanted to spend more time with their family and loved ones
- 73% of lockdown entrepreneurs are looking to balance profit with purpose and agree that it is important for businesses to do more than just make money
It can be difficult sometimes starting on your own with no one to bounce ideas off and help motivate each other, so do consider finding a potential Business Partner (see How to Choose a Business Partner). Helping to find a Business Partner is the reason we first set up Company Partners, much like a “dating site” for business ideas and people!